CRA has extensive experience in international arbitration, including both commercial and investment treaty claims. Our consultants combine expertise from various fields to offer a one-stop solution for clients in disputes. CRA's international arbitration team includes world-class economists, accounting and forensics specialists, and industry experts across energy, commodities, life sciences and other industries.
Acted on over $100 billion worth of cases across the Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia, and Australasia. Provided expert testimony in hundreds of international arbitrations across all the major forums (e.g., ICC, ICDR, IUSCT, LCIA, PCA, SCC) and under UNCITRAL rules.
Recognized by Global Arbitration Review (ranked #3 for investor state disputes and #8 overall in 2019) and a number of our experts are listed in Who’s Who Legal.
Retained in disputes across all the leading international centers throughout the world.
Supported by a deep bench of industry experts who offer extensive experience in key industries and understand the legal and regulatory constraints particular to individual markets.
Expertise across the arbitration lifecycle
- Determinine if a claim is worth pursuing
- Conduct market and economic analyses
- Identify key issues and the potential experts available to cover those
- Identify the likely sources and locations of assets to enforce an award against
- Check the financial situation of an adversary as well as any relevant links to other companies or individuals
- Collect data
- Identify correct damages approach
- Quantify damages
- Prepare expert reports and testimony
- Act as expert, providing reports and testimony and in person appearances
- Identify, trace, and recover assets to enforce damages awards
CRA offers a roster of well-known affiliates who possess deep knowledge of the data sources, facts, and institutions in a wide variety of industries, such as:
- Mining and metals
- Oil, natural gas, and LNG
- Renewable energy and electricity
- Financial industries, including banking, insurance, and leasing
- Telecoms, media, and technology
- Manufacturing and distribution
- Intellectual property
- Pharmaceuticals, life sciences, biotecghnology, and healthcare
Damages and valuation
CRA provides expert testimony in a wide range of matters involving shareholder disputes, investor state disputes, gas pricing disputes, antitrust, intellectual property, securities, solvency, property values, contracts, employment discrimination, product liability, environmental contamination, and purchase price disputes.
Our forensic accountants provide expert evidence relating to accounting, profitability, solvency, financial damages, and feasibility in civil and criminal matters.
CRA economists provide opinions on the economic implications of breaches of contract, national laws and international treaties. We have extensive expertise assessing the critical economic issues and utilizing sophisticated economic modeling and analytical techniques.